Friday 13 June 2014

Picking a uni


Picking a Uni:

EXETER UNI: ART HISTORY AND VISUAL CULTURE

This was the first course that I looked at. During the course I will be looking into the history of things and why it was done in the art world. You get to study all different forms of art including painting and sculpture. The course seemed really educational and gives you the opportunity to study abroad if you wanted to. The university also has really good reviews and is one of the top rated universities in England so it would be a big achievement to go there.

The downside of the course is that it is very theory based and I am used to the practical side of the art world. Also during the tour I felt as though they were very over the top and though I went to several tours I never actually got to meet the people who will be teaching me or where I would be during the lessons which put me off a little.

SOMERSET UNI: FDA MEDIA MAKEUP

This was the second course I looked into studying. Though its not in a Uni I loved the atmosphere and the people. I also loved how I went to lots of different workshops that helped prepare me and they always seemed keen to help me and offer support.

The only downside of the university was the fact it was in a college but as it was only 2 years long it allowed the idea that I could do another course after if I wanted to. Also the other downside was when I was doing the interview I didn’t feel as though they were interested in my work and they didn’t ask much about what I had done in the past.



After looking through all the different options these were the only two courses I applied for. I chose Somerset as my top choice due to their friendly way towards me and the way they wanted to help me through the whole process. I put Exeter as my second choice as I still liked the idea of the subject and what I would be studying. I also liked the idea of studying something different and learning more about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment